The Philippine Embassy at 5 Vattern Street, Maitama, Abuja
Nigeria and the Philippines established bilateral, diplomatic, and trade relations in 01 August 1962. Both countries have their respective diplomatic missions in each capital city. Nine (9) Heads of Post have served since the establishment of the Philippine Embassy in Abuja:
- H.E. Mr. Mauro O. Baradi (1962 – 1972)
- H.E. Mr. Pedro A. Aragon (1972 – 1978)
- H.E. Mr. Samson T. Sabalones (1978 – 1984)
- H.E. Ms. Ernestina E. Kodikara (1984 – 1990)
- H.E. Mr. Mukhtar Muallam (1990 – 1996)
- H.E. Mr. Masaranga R. Umpa (1996 – 2007)
- H.E. Mr. Nestor N. Padalhin (2010 – 2012)
- H.E. Mr. Alex V. Lamadrid (2012 – 2016)
The Embassy is currently headed by H.E. Ambassador Shirley Ho-Vicario, who assumed Post in April 2016.
The Embassy has concurrent jurisdiction over twelve (12) other countries in West and Central Africa:
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic (CAR)
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- The Gambia
- Sierra Leone
The countries under The Embassy's jurisdiction (highlighted in orange) in West and Central Africa.
Of the twelve (12) countries above, the Philippines has Honorary Consulates in six (6) countries: Benin, Côte d'Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria (Lagos), Liberia, and Sierra Leone.